Here I have added a free crochet pattern for a flower embellishment to add to your hats, scarves and blankets so that you can practice the magic ring and crocheting in joined rounds, whilst making something useful!
I use UK terminology, click here for a handy conversion chart to US terms
Approx 5g Aran cotton yarn, (so great for using up scraps!) I used Rico Creative Cotton Aran
Abbreviations (UK Terminology)
- Complete a magic ring, Ch 1
- Round 1: 6 dc into the magic ring,
- Pull closed by gently pulling on the tail end of yarn,
- join with Slst into the top of first dc.
- Round 2: Ch 3,
- 3 htr,
- ch 3,
- slst in to the first stitch.
- *slst, ch 3, 3htr, ch 3, slst repeat from * into each of the remaining stitches (6 petals in total)
- fasten off.
Cut yarn, sew flower embellishment to your work with the same colour yarn, sew in ends
Take a look some of my patterns:
I’d love to see what you make- don’t forget to add #melucrochet when you post your photos 🙂
Thanks for the face mask ear saver pattern! My daughter is a paramedic and has to wear a mask all the time at work and is getting very sore ears. I’m making them for her whole EMS station!